This is a short post on how to use MyBatis to insert an object using XML <insert> or annotation @Insert and return the value of the primary id.
The complete code on GitHub is using Spring & H2 embedded database to provide ready to run example.
- How to use <insert..> & @Insert to insert an object?
- How to get primary Id of the inserted object?
We have seen in Mybatis + Spring (XML | Annotation) Mapper how to write a simple mybatis-spring app and what is actually needed to get it up and running. Here I will extend that sample code to cover more stuff that you may face in a real “coding”. We will see how to make a single select that will fetch the one and the many of a “one-to-many” relationship, who to use mybatis config file with spring (if you need it), how to test mybatis-spring code using junit and things you need to watch out!
H2 embedded database has been used to make this example easy to run. But you still can use it with other databases e.g. “MySql, Oracle,….”
- How to use make a single select that will fetch all one to many records?
- How to reference mybatis config file in spring xml config file?
- How to test using junit?
Here we will see what we need to do to connect to a relational database “MySql, Oracle, H2..etc” using myBatis with Spring framework & how to implement mappers using xml or annotation such as @Select, @Insert,….etc. For the sake of simplicity I have used H2 embedded database so you can run the sample code. However, you can use this sample code to run with MySql or any other relational database.
Source Code @ github
Note: If you have Maven you can run this sample code directly using
- How to use MyBatis with Spring framework?
- How to implement mapper using xml or annotation @Select, @Insert…?
Using myBatis with Spring framework. (XML configuration and mapping).
- How to use myBatis with Spring framework?
- How to write mybatis config and mapper in xml?
Connecting to MySQL from Java application using myBatis.
- How to connect to MySQL database from Java application using myBatis?
- How to use MyBatis config & mapper using XML?