Everyone should develop his own app. I will do Hello World!
- Setup the development environment.
- Develop simple android app.
- Deploy it on mobile phone.
- Windows 7
- Eclipse (ADT)
- Galaxy Samsung S2
( 1 ) Download & Install ADT
All in one!
It is recommend to download the ADT Bundle to quickly start developing apps. It includes the essential Android SDK components and a version of the Eclipse IDE with built-in ADT (Android Developer Tools).
- After downloading the zip file.
- Unzip the file into your development folder (anywhere!).
- Eclipse executable file is located under eclipse folder.
( 2 ) Create you First App
- Run Eclipse ADT
- Click File >> New >> Android Application Project
- Next (4 times) keep all default settings
- That is it. Now you have simple runnable app.
( 3 ) Deploy it on Mobile Phone
- Enable USB debugging on your mobile phone.
- On most devices running Android 3.2 or older, you can find the option under Settings > Applications > Development.
- On Android 4.0 and newer, it’s in Settings > Developer options.
- Connect your device to your development machine with a USB cable. If you’re developing on Windows, you might need to install the appropriate USB driver for your device. For help installing drivers, see the OEM USB Drivers document.
- In my case my mobile is Galaxy SII – Model# GT-I9100
- Go to http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/global
- Install the dirver
- Click Run from the toolbar >>Run as >> Android Application.